By Christine Hronec
You are ready to reap the benefits of collagen supplementation, but you are completely stuck on how to use your collagen peptides. If this is you, we got you covered! Not only is collagen dairy free, soy free, grain free, gluten free, and nut free protein source, it is also flavorless making it easier than ever to incorporate into a wide variety of foods and recipes. This means boosting your collagen intake with ease. The struggle doesn’t have to be real!
1. Add to Coffee- The neutral flavor of collagen peptides goes well with your daily cup of coffee. It is suggested to brew your coffee as you normally would, then measure a serving of collagen (which yields 20g of protein) to the cup. Collagen dissolves readily with spoon stirring or with a mini hand mixer.
2. Add to Tea- Since collagen blends easily in hot liquids, you can easily incorporate it into a cup of tea. If you drink several cups of tea daily, you can cut the serving in half to get 10g of collagen blended into each cup of tea. Whether you prefer stronger black teas like earl grey or Darjeeling or lighter green teas, this is a simple way to boost your daily collagen intake.
3. Blend into Smoothie- If you have an intolerance to dairy substituting collagen in place of whey protein in smoothies is an easy way to incorporate this super ingredient into a healthy diet. For those who include a whey supplement you can combine half a scoop of collagen to your regular post workout shake for a boost.
4. Add to Soup- Whether you are making something as basic as ramen noodles or if you just ordered Chinese take-out and have some wonton soup. You can always add a scoop of collagen to your soup to raise the protein intake. For times when you just need something easy and don’t feel like cooking an entire meal, put together your favorite soup and stir in a scoop of collagen for the most efficient meal you could possibly create.
5. Blend into Sauces/Dressings- Sneak extra collagen in your day by adding it to things like tomato sauces, condiments (like hot sauce), or homemade salad dressings. Even if you are only incorporating an extra teaspoon of collagen, its neutral flavor will render it unnoticeable while helping you get extra protein in non-obvious ways.
6. Stir into Oatmeal- The fastest way to boost the collagen content of your breakfast if to take some instant oats prepared in a microwave with hot water. Add one scoop of collagen to the mixture stir until completely dissolved. Top with the oatmeal toppings of your choice (i.e. fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, sweetener, etc.).
7. Mug Cakes- Want something sweet and chocolatey but don’t have the time and energy to bake? Try a mug cake! This single serve recipe only takes 2 minutes to prepare.
- ½ scoop Gauge Life Collagen Peptides
- 1 Whole Egg
- 2 TBSP Water
- 1 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 TBSP Nut Butter
- 2 Packets of the Sweetener of Your Choice (I prefer stevia)
- Oil Spray
- Lightly spray with oil spray
- Crack a whole egg into the mug, add 2 TBSP of water and ½ scoop of collagen peptides to the mug.
- Mix contents well by spoon stirring thoroughly or with a mini hand mixer
- Add sweetener packets, unsweetened cocoa, and nut butter.
- Stir contents thoroughly with a spoon for 30-60 seconds.
- Place in the microwave for 1 minute, check to see it if is cooked all the way. If the center is still “wet” add an additional 30 seconds.
- Enjoy in the mug or put contents into a small bowl. Optional topping- redi whip coconut whipped cream or a side of fruit (i.e. strawberries).
8. Add to Eggs- Do you enjoy egg bites, omelets, or egg-based casseroles? Add 1 scoop of collagen for every 3-4 eggs for an ultra-boost of protein. Whisk eggs in a bowl thoroughly, then add collagen to the mixture. Cook and prepare whisked egg-collagen mixture as standard eggs in the recipes of your choice.
9. Make Energy Bites- Want a boost of energy that’s low carb and free of dairy? Try substituting whey protein with collagen in energy bite recipes for a fun and delicious high protein snacks.