Gut Healing Salad
YIELD: 1 Serving
SERVING SIZE: 1 SALAD
PREP: 3 min
COOK: 5-10 min
Enjoy this nutrient-rich gut healing salad that is easy to throw together and naturally supports the body's detoxification system. Loaded with nourishing and satisfying ingredients, top with the protein source of your choice to boost healthy hormone production to balance a burnt-out endocrine system.
- 6 oz Purple Cabbage, chopped.
- 3.5 oz Carrots, sliced into 1/4” rounds.
- 3 TBSP Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 oz Spinach
- 2 TBSP Coconut oil
- 1 TBSP coarsely chopped ginger
- Squeeze of lemon (optional to taste)
- Sea Salt/Pepper (optional to taste)
- 3-6 oz Protein of your choice
Recommendations: Chicken thighs, salmon, shrimp, hemp tofu, or lentils
1. Add coconut oil to a skillet on medium high. Sauté ginger for 45-60 seconds,
2. Turn heat down to medium and add carrots. Cover with lid for 1-2 minutes. Stir-fry and add the cabbage, stir fry for another 2 minutes to ensure thoroughly coated with coconut oil.
3. Add spinach and turn off the heat. Stir fry until spinach is cooked down with residual heat.
4. Add to a plate or large salad bowl. Top with pumpkin seeds, a squeeze of lemon, and sea salt/pepper (optional).
5. Top with the protein of your choice.